In the fall of 2008, Tri-Rail was running near record ridership corresponding to higher gas prices. They never beat the record of over 18,000 riders from Miami Heat’s victory parade in 2006, though. While we came close to another Heat victory this year but didn’t quite make it, Tri-Rail still scored a ridership victory. On June 16, with free Tri-Rail rides for Dump the Pump day, Tri-Rail smashed their all time record. 19,731 people rode the commuter rail yesterday. Check their press release here. Let us hope many will continue to ride even when they have to pay the fare.
Apparently today was Dump the Pump Day - the annual transit day, where people are encouraged to try using public transportation for all or part of their daily commutes. We didn’t get the memo. Why are these things so poorly publicized?
- Free Rides on Tri-Rail all day with this voucher…
- Free Rides on MDT, only if you win a T-shirt on El Zol or Hot 105… Come again? What’s up with MDT’s lack of participation this year?
- BCT is encouraging participation, no free rides…
- Palm Tran is M.I.A.
- LYNX is M.I.A.
- JTA is M.I.A.
- Free Rides on LeeTran (Fort Myers)
- MCT is M.I.A. (Monroe County)
- RTS is Participating (Gainesville)
- SCAT is participating (Space Coast)
- HART is Participating (Tampa)
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning