THE MIAMI-DADE MPO IS CALLING FOR IDEAS TO ASSIST IN THE PLANNING OF A BETTER TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM
(MIAMI, December 6, 2009) – The Miami-Dade Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), the agency responsible for transportation planning in Miami-Dade County, is seeking ideas for transportation studies that can lead to effective solutions to deal with traffic congestion in the County.
Ideas submitted will be considered for inclusion in the Unified Planning Work Program for Transportation (UPWP). Ideas selected by the UPWP committee, representing the various transportation agencies, will be recommended for adoption by the MPO Governing Board. This is an opportunity for citizens to get involved and make a difference by helping to alleviate traffic congestion.
WHAT: Call for Transportation Ideas
WHEN: Submittal deadline is Friday, January 14, 2011
WHERE: Ideas can be submitted through the following:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgMail: Miami-Dade MPO Stephen P. Clark Center 111 NW 1st Street, Suite 920 Miami, FL 33128
To learn more, please visit http://www.miamidade.gov/mpo/m12-plans-upwp.htm or call 305-375-4507.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
- Bad Idea on Contact Your City Commissioners- Support a Parking Requirement Exemption for Small Urban Buildings
- Caffeine Clicks on Contact Your City Commissioners- Support a Parking Requirement Exemption for Small Urban Buildings
- Mike Arias on Here’s the Route for Friday’s Critical Mass in Miami
- Mike Arias on Why pedestrians jaywalk in Miami Beach
- Anonymous on Miami-Dade County Deserves New Thinking on Transit
- Mike Arias on Drawbridges Over Troubled Waters
Subscribe via Email
TagsAccident Bicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Planning Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning