- This is the latest photo from photographer James Good’s collection. I try to feature James as regularly as I can because many of his photographs are simply stunning.
- An article in today’s MiamiSunpost speaks of the intricate challenges that face the Miami Beach Alliance for Reliable Transportation committee (ART.) ART is similar to the United Citizens for South Link (UCSL) committee which I am a member of in the sense that they are both organizations of citizens looking to advance public transportation in their given areas. ART faces some of the same challenges as UCSL due to poor public involvement on the part of the local citizens. Later today, I will write about the past UCSL meeting in which I had the opportunity to sit down with State Representative Julio Robaina (he’s on the Transportation committee in Tallahassee) and ask him a few questions one on one.
- There are some new blogs being featured on my sidebar, so make sure you check some of them out. Plus I deleted some of the dead ones including the Diary of the SF Commuter BS…
Rick also sees a mental lapse over at MIA.
- I will also soon cover the developments in Coconut Grove in a partial response to some recent discussions going on over at the Coconut Grapevine. I typically accuse the Grapevine and Grove residents of being too NIMBYish, however, I often see the validity behind a small portion of their concerns. In any case, I won’t be attacking them in any way; just looking to start a discussion on some possible alternatives for their area…
- Julie, thanks for the question, I’ve been meaning to discuss that issue also. It’s on my ever growing to-do list, but, I’ll get to it this week since you asked…
Tagged with: Uncategorized
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning