The below commentary was sent to us by a Transit Miami reader in response to today’s article in the Miami Herald.
As a transit advocate adding regional rail along the FEC corridor just makes common sense. We need all Transit Miami readers to show their support by attending one of the FDOT meetings this week in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade. Let’s go with one voice that tri-rail should be expanded and run along the eastern FEC line in addition to the current western CSX line. Tri-rail already has the experience, staff, trains, repair personnel, etc and adding additional options for travelers will help everyone. Having one type of train system allows one operator, less total investment, flexibility, and regional rail ties into the state system for high speed rail. Don’t let Orlando and Tampa steal all of the Florida rail money. Approving regional rail will help SE Florida’s bid to receive federal money for high speed rail.”
The Florida Department of Transportation will hold public hearings on the South Florida East Coast Corridor Study at five locations:
• West Palm Beach Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., Tuesday, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and 6 to 8 p.m.
• North Miami Beach, McDonald Center, 17051 NE 19th Ave., Wednesday, 6 to 8 p.m.
• Boca Raton Community Center, Royal Palm Room, 150 Crawford Blvd., Thursday, 6 to 8 p.m.
• Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Sept. 21, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and 6 to 8 p.m.
• Fort Lauderdale, Holiday Park Social Center, 1150 G. Harold Martin Dr., Sept. 22 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., and 6 to 8 p.m.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning