On my morning ride on the Rickenbacker Causeway I saw a small army of police officers from the Miami Dade Police Department handing out tickets to motorists. There were at least two MDPD unmarked cars and a motorcycle enforcing the speed limit. This is really great. The MDPD has really stepped-up enforcement and it has not gone unnoticed.
Unfortunately, enforcement is not the sole solution. We need to design a roadway which discourages speeding. Even with all the added enforcement, I saw many cars speeding on Rickenbacker Causeway today.
Keep up the great work MDPD! You are part of the solution and we appreciate your efforts.
- Transit Miami Shout-Out: Commissioner Gimenez and the Miami Police Department
- Miami Dade Police Department Ticketing Cyclists on Rickenbacker
- Enforcement increases on the Rickenbacker Causeway, but hazards still remain.
- Transit Miami Shout-Out: Key Biscayne Police Department
- Time to stop playing politics on the Rickenbacker Causeway, every Sunday should be a ciclovia on the Rickenbacker.
LISTEN TO THE LATEST TALKING HEADWAYS PODCAST
Find us on Facebook
Subscribe via Email
TagsBicycle Bicycle Infrastructure bicycles bike lanes Bike Miami Days Bikes bikeway biking Brickell bus Calendar Climate Change Coconut Grove complete streets Congestion Cycling Downtown Miami Downtown Miami FDOT MDT Metromover Metrorail Miami Miami-Dade County Miami-Dade Transit Miami 21 Miami Beach Miami Dade Parking Parks Pedestrian Pedestrian Activity Pedestrians Pic o' the Day Public Transit Rickenbacker Causeway Sprawl Streetcar Traffic Transit Transit Oriented Development Transportation Tri-Rail Uncategorized Urban Planning